We are looking for a mechanical or marine engineer with a profound understanding of machinery and electricals. You must also have experience with ship design, as you will be in charge of ensuring regulatory compliance as well as participating in the constant development and innovation of ship propulsion systems, vessel designs, and optimisation.
OSK-ShipTech A/S is one of Denmark’s leading naval architecture and marine engineering consultants designing and converting vessels for some of the world’s largest operators. We are part of OSK Group – a multi-disciplinary consultancy company specializing in innovative concept designs, naval architecture and marine engineering, ship interiors and much more.
You are a skilled engineer who can oversee detailed designs and installations of scrubber retrofit systems, ballast water systems, and hybrid propulsion systems.
You can calculate pipe systems and electrical installations for the above designs.
You understand the customer’s needs and requirements for vessel conversion and optimisation.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Design and evaluation of ship propulsion machinery – traditional and multi-fuel
- Auxiliary system
- Electric power supply
- Ventilation system
- Vessel conversions and retrofits
- Prepare technical specifications and reports
- Liaising with different class societies
- Inspection of installations and much more
You have a relevant education as a mechanical or a marine engineer and solid experience with complex projects.
- are a proficient user of machinery and pipe systems design software and MS Office
- might have user level experience with AutoCAD – this is a plus but not a must
- have a structured and analytical approach and in-depth understanding of propulsion and auxiliary machinery, piping, and electrical systems
- take pride in delivering quality solutions meeting client expectations and OSK standards
- have excellent communication skills in English – both written and verbal
- thrive on challenges and in environments where no two workdays are the same
- enjoy both the desktop design process as well as the dirty work on site
- are flexible and ready to travel all over the world when required
You can be based in either our Aarhus or Copenhagen office – both offices with 20+ colleagues in an informal and relaxed atmosphere.
Domestic travels between our offices to be expected as well as regular travels to clients and yards globally.
It is a fulltime position and we would like you to start as soon as possible.
We offer a competitive salary package matching your qualifications and experience including several benefits.
You will refer to Head of Machinery John Carsten Dahlkvist and CTO Kristian Carøe Lind.
Should you have any questions to the position, please do not hesitate to contact us.
John Carsten Dahlkvist, Head of Machinery
Mobile: +45 29 68 41 90
Deadline and practical information
Please email us your cover letter, CV, diplomas and other relevant documentation as soon as possible and Monday 8 April the latest.
We will evaluate received applications continuously.
Email your application to Head of Marketing Anne Kofoed Vilsøe, Email